My first few weeks in the house were very busy. I've been doing a ton of cooking-- both for myself and for other people. However, sometimes it's almost a form of procrastination. Today, for example, I had some egg whites that I had set aside from something I made earlier in the week. Now, I should have taken the afternoon to study for the MCAT, but instead, I took an hour and made meringues. Not that this will happen on a regular basis. But this time, the egg whites called to me, and I answered.
We are having weekly house dinners this semester, and I was in charge of the first one this past Tuesday. I made French Onion soup with a salad dressed with French vinaigrette and a chocolate Guinness cake. It was a hit. The cake went over really well and was gone by the next morning. The housekeeper here took a piece to the launderette where she gets the house sheets done, and the lady manager now wants to adopt me.
I've joined a gym here and have gotten back into the routine of training for a triathlon. I actually signed up yesterday for my first one. It's the same county in which my grandparents (paternal) were stationed before they went to Europe, so I might make a little visit to the town they stayed in before I do the triathlon. I also plan to sign up for a 10k before I do the triathlon—to get me used to the competition atmosphere since I’ve never done anything like this before.
This week I also went out to see a play with the students-- one of my job perks is that I get to accompany the students whenever they go for performances and art tours around the city. This past week we went to see a play at the National Theatre called Every Good Boy Deserves Favour. It was a mixed orchestral, theatrical, and dance performance that was good, but I've had the worst time getting over my jetlag, so I fell asleep in the middle of it. Oh well... I'm not getting graded on understanding this performance, but the students are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment