Friday, January 29, 2010

syaD weF tsriF

The day after I arrived, I woke late and went shopping for groceries in the snow/ice/slush. I almost fell on the downward slope to the supermarket about 5 times. The store was swarmed, and I had tons of groceries to buy. When I left, I had one of those grandma shopping bags on wheels, and I had to pull that thing uphill on ice. That was a challenge. I also had to reorganize the kitchen here because it was pretty disorganized.

The next day, students began to arrive. Almost all of them are sophomores and juniors. Five girls arrived that day. Three of them stuck around throughout the day, and we went to dinner at a pub down the street for dinner.

In the days after that, I helped the students get settled. Almost all of their flights were delayed somehow or another. One girl couldn't get her flight rescheduled here until three days after everyone else. They're a good bunch so far. I think they'll get along. We all went out for dinner the other night at the pub around the corner which has really good Thai food.

I've been doing lots of organizing and writing rosters and planning for them and myself. I'm holding my first class today (I made everyone scones and will serve them with cream, jam, and tea), and I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment