The weekend always goes too fast, doesn't it?
On Friday afternoon I engaged in a 2-hour cooking spree. I made a mushroom, caramelized onion, and Parmigiano-Reggiano quiche (note: if you run out of milk/cream, a quiche can be made with plain yogurt thinned with a little water-- gives it a nice tangy flavor!); a strawberry vanilla bean tart; spiced zucchini and walnut breakfast bread; and some sausages and sauteed mushrooms (for dinner). Friday night was drinks near Holborn and some fun carousing. Saturday afternoon I went to the Borough market with Christina (Wake alumna from Jan. 31 post) and a friend of her's-- very exciting food market with loads of free samples to try. I then ended up in south London at Christina's boyfriend's house watching rugby for a bit, then traveled to Shoreditch to celebrate my old Aussie flatmate's birthday. We went first to an American-style diner (not bad, really-- I got chili served in a fancy crock with three cold flour tortillas on the side... strange but tasty enough). We then went to Hoxton Square for drinks with a bunch of Aussies and Germans. It mas madly busy, though. Today I had a nice run around Regent's Park and up Primrose Hill.
Studying, work, and who knows what else tonight. A nice week to come, I think (I hope)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment